Five Reasons Not to Seek Revenge
When you look up the word revenge, it states the desire to get even, pay back and retaliation. People seek revenge because they feel they have been disgraced, especially if the guilty parties made them feel powerless, foolish, ashamed, or even stupid. Top reasons why people seek revenge are because a boyfriend has been unfaithful. Someone has told lies about you to others. On the other hand, maybe family members have hurt you in a way that just destroyed all your confidence. The goal of revenge is to erase the shame and humiliation of the wrong. The best revenge you can give someone is to move on! Your happiness will be their hurt!
Here is some reason why you shouldn't seek revenge:
- Revenge requires too much time and energy. The process of demanding revenge is sometimes irritating, annoying, and tiresome.
- The revenge you are seeking usually goes wrong. The aftermath is not exactly what you were hoping for.
- Seeking revenge makes you look like the bad person. More damage comes from revenge than good!
- The famous saying…Two wrongs don’t make it right! No real revenge has occurred. The guilty party’s wrong and your wrong equals wrong, wrong and wrong!
- The most important reason why you should not seek revenge…Only God can judge. Speaks for itself.