“You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.”- Buddha
Ten Ways to Learn How to Love Yourself
- LISTEN to your intuition and then follow it. I think we all hear that voice in the back of our mind that tells us not to do this or do that but we always end up doing the opposite. Now it’s time to start listening.
- REWARD yourself. It doesn’t matter what you have accomplished, reward yourself in some way. This means taking yourself out for dinner. There is nothing wrong with sitting by yourself, you are human. Or do like me, buy yourself a nice pair of shoes!
- ACKNOWLEDGE your success. Acknowledge what you have accomplished. No matter how big or small it is.Your biggest fan is you!
- THINK positive thoughts. Always think positive thoughts. The minute you start thinking negative, that is when everything is going to go wrong
- STOP comparing yourself to others. Why compare yourself to others? You do not know what they are going through nor their struggle.
- STOP seeking approval. You are the only person you need to seek approval from, no one else.
- BELIEVE in yourself, regardless of what happens. If you don’t believe in yourself, who will?
- PRACTICE silence. Sometimes it’s best to be quiet…and observe.
- EXPRESS yourself. Let the world know what you are feeling.
- LOVE YOURSELF